What do middle school counselors do?
1. Provide direct counseling services to students individually and in support groups.
2. Provide education and supportive services to parents.
3. Provide consultation services to teachers.
4. Facilitate referrals to community support services.
5. Support a safe learning environment and work to safeguard the human rights of all
members of the school community.
6. Address the needs of all students through character development and culturally
relevant prevention and intervention classroom lessons and programming.